Game Files Structure
FDAT pcx images of a developers family, kirk baum's?, shown with the cheat that gives special credits.
gry 11 .gry files, mostly <200kb
a2.gry d4.gry j1.gry o2.gry o5.gry o7.gry oc.gry this one is 2,500kb Q.gry r1.gry r2.gry r6.gry
there are 11 and there are also 11 net missions but these do not line up with the net missions. its just a coincidence.
they are binary files of some sort, I did not see any strings in them.
misn This folder is easy! It contains the missions from the single player campaign. Types of files:
- a01mm1.PCX in-game map overlay
- a1map.PCX pre-mission map
- Anub01.mis mission file. This small file contains strings shown to the player during the match and has the scripted events and placement of objects on the level geometry.
- anub01.pcx looks like the multiplayer level preview.
- anub01.txt Text shown to player on the pre-mission screen
- anub01a.txt Text with in-game mission objective list
- anub01d.txt More in-game text, shown during a scripted event. Debreifing, i believe.
- anub01da.txt Text saying you have completed your mission objectives, in game i think
- anub01f.txt more in-game script triggered text
- anub01fa.txt Text with in-game mission objective list
- anub01m1.PCX in-game map overlay. one of these two must be for the single player and for the multiplayer maps, though I thought the netmisn folder exclusively had all the net mission stuff.
- ambient music that plays in specific places in levels, including shell abience. not to be confused with CD audio.
- has only the .mis files for net missions.
shelldb all of the assets for the game shell menus
- all the interstitial cards that pop up between solo campaign missions
- all the little images used in the net shell
- icon01.pcx through icon10.pcx images used for teams, I will replace these with something cooler.
- netc00.PCX through netc11.PCX square previews of each multiplayer mission in the mission selector
- netj01.pcx through netj11.pcx rectangle preview shown in net game browser
- all of the images for choosing armor, weapons, team mates. the library.
- spt files contain the shell image and button layouts
- lib101.PVX library images
- lib101.txt library fluff
- there are some more developer family easter eggs in here
- ff files these are sort like tar archives. The beginning of the file consists of file names and addresses. You can then extract the file by copying all bytes from that address to the address of the next file less one.
- armor.ff animations for battle armor. or was it the textures? or both maybe, will have to check.
- contains .dpc .gpc .rpc .tpc I think tpc is the actual level mesh. Probably one is skybox one is lighting? I think one is the texture. At any rate, some of these should be able to be opened by Multigen.
- also has flags and the cyborg ball
- all the voice overs, taunts, multiplayer announcer quips, etc
- motion.ff oh actually i think this is the animations.
- outwars.cmp campaign file. tells the game to load up missions, interstitial cards, and movies, and in what order.
- OUTWARS.HLP outwars.CNT OUTWARS.GID something all help-file related
- outwars.mlt list of Single Missoins.
- outwars.mml list of Multiplayer Misisons. i think you can go from 11 up to 16 before it gets fucky and the game crashes. gotta double check.
- 14 def works. trying more. 15 is the max
- outwars.sav game save
- owres.dll its a dll. i dunno.
- QMIXER.DLL audio library
- sintab.dat unknown
- units.ff all friendly and enemy units. aliens, tanks, etc. hex `